Search Results: 57 total

  • of 6
  • >

This collection consists exclusively of immatriculation logs from the years 1927-1939. The inventory created by the National Archives provides no information regarding the history of the school or whether it functioned before and after the dates contained. Such registration books generally contain significant biographical information on the pupils including parent names and occupations; mother tongue; residence address; birth date and place; and so forth.

This collection consists exclusively of immatriculation logs and class register books from the years 1927-1948. It appears the school was founded in 1927 with one class as each subsequent year the registers increase by one grade level. It was a four-grade school until 1940 after which it expanded to eight grades during the war period. The inventory created by the National Archives provides no information regarding the history of the school or the papers; presumably the school closed down in 1947 in the wake of education reform legislation.

This collection represents a fairly complete set of documents created by the one of the Jewish boys lycees of Timișoara. The collection contains comprehensive immatriculation and grade registers as well as a wide range of administrative material. This includes miscellaneous correspondence with authorities; teaching staff papers; logs of incoming and outgoing correspondence; exams; and graduation certificates. The material is uninterrupted from 1922 through to the schools presumable closure in 1947 in the wake of an education reform. As such it represents a unique perspective on Jewish education and identity in the Banat from the immediate post-WWI period throughout the interwar years and World War II. Unfortunately the inventory created by the National Archives provides no details on the school's background, for example whether it existed prior to 1919 and its relation to the other Jewish schools in Timișoara.

This collection represents a remarkably complete set of documents created by the one of the Jewish boys lycees of Timișoara. Unfortunately the current inventory created by the National Archives appears to be in need of revision as numerous items are crossed out or marked with the note "see nr. XYZ" and as such it is difficult to get a clear overview of the full contents of the collection. Nevertheless, the collection appears to contain comprehensive immatriculation and grade registers as well as a wide range of administrative material. This includes correspondence with authorities; teaching staff papers; logs of incoming and outgoing correspondence; minutes of staff meetings; exams; and graduation certificates. Included in the folders of correspondence is material specifically related to the association of Jewish teachers of the Banat and Transylvania and correspondence from the union of Jewish communities [of Transylvania and the Banat?]. There is also a folder related to passive defense dated to World War II. The material is uninterrupted from 1919 through to the schools presumable closure in 1948 in the wake of an education reform. As such it represents a unique perspective on Jewish education and identity in the Banat from the immediate post-WWI period throughout the interwar years and World War II. Unfortunately the inventory created by the National Archives provides no details on the school's background, for example whether it existed prior to 1919 and its relation to the other Jewish schools in Timișoara.

This collection represents a remarkably complete set of documents created by the Jewish girls lycee of Timișoara. The collection contains comprehensive immatriculation and grade registers as well as a wide range of administrative material. This includes correspondence with authorities; a log of school inspections (1923-1943); teaching staff biographies and papers; logs of incoming and outgoing correspondence; teaching curriculum; statistical information; minutes of staff meetings; and graduation certificates. The material is uninterrupted from the 1920s through to the schools presumable closure in 1947 in the wake of an education reform. As such it represents a unique perspective on Jewish education and identity in the Banat from the immediate post-WWI period throughout the interwar years and World War II. Unfortunately the inventory created by the National Archives provides no details on the school's background, for example whether it existed prior to 1923, and its relation to the other Jewish schools in Timișoara.

This collection contains immatriculation registers and grade catalogues for the Aiud Jewish Elementary School. The material is fairly comprehensive from 1921-1936. Such registration catalogues and immatriculation books generally contain biographical data such as birth place and date, parental information including father's occupation, previous schools attended, place of residency and so forth. Please note that JBAT archivists did not survey these registers directly. The languages listed are languages customarily found in such records during this time period and this region.

The collection contains two sets of registers. The first set is the student catalogue books recording biographical details and grades for the years 1913-1924 (with gaps, registers for the following years exist: 1913-1914; 1916-1917; 1920-1921; 1922-1923; 1923-1924). The second set is immatriculation registers for the following years: 1898-1899; 1899-1900; 1909-1910; 1909-1911 [sic]; 1911-1912. Such registration catalogues and immatriculation books generally contain biographical data such as birth place and date, parental information including father's occupation, previous schools attended, place of residency and so forth. Please note that JBAT archivists did not survey these registers directly. The languages listed are languages customarily found in such records during this time period and this region.

This collection contains administrative correspondence and records regarding the management and maintenance of the school and the development of the curriculum and the staff. Some of the documents, such as item nr. 2/1904, indicate the presence of Jewish teaching staff in the district, and elsewhere there is evidence of a marked Jewish presence in the student body, as in item nr. 15/1925. For details on these records, please see the links below.

This collection has four inventories. The first inventory, nr. 171, lists 279 items which for the most part are of an administrative nature or class newspapers. There are also a few class registers and various other registers which mostly refer to staff affairs. A student register book from the 1930s shows many Jews attending the school, alongside Romanian and Hungarians. Of particular interest amongst the items in this inventory are those administrative documents from the interwar period and especially following World War I in which nation-building and Romanianization measures are discussed. The second inventory, nr. 996, lists 155 items. The majority are class immatriculation registers and grade books, though there is also meeting minutes and budgetary and administrative paperwork. This inventory contains papers dating 1919-1948. The third inventory, nr. 1359, contains 26 items, dating 1920-1940. Of particular interest here are the annual school reports, which exist from 1920-1935, and which contain breakdowns of the student body by ethnicity and religion. In 1927, for example, Jews made up 25% of the student body. The other items in this inventory are administrative in nature. Finally, inventory nr. 1442, contains 16 items, dating from 1914-1941. The items in this inventory belonged to the former director of the school, Valeriu Boeriu. They consist primarily of personal momentos, photographs, manuscripts, and other items related to Boeriu's period as director (1914-1941).

According to the records, this school was attended by some Jewish students, but please note that the majority of the material is from after the deportation of the Jewish community and the numbers reflect this fact. There are several class registers but the majority of the material consists of administrative instructions, reports, and memos and information on the staff. Note that the school was opened after the Second Vienna Award and much of the material likely concerns the administrative restructuring and nation-building that followed in the wake of this event.

  • of 6
  • >

We welcome your input about our site.
Help us out by taking a quick, 7-question survey.