This Romanian elementary school was founded in 1906. Originally it was attended primarily by Romanian children, but beginning in the 1920s, the German schools were closed and many Jewish children began attending this school as well. The class registers are quite comprehensive, it appears there are no gaps in years or classes. A cursory look at class registers from second grade classes in 1923 show approximately half the pupils being Jewish. Of particular interest is the register for grade II-B of 1922 which was organized as an exclusively Jewish class and is labeled as such (call number as cited plus Dosar 4/1922).
Boys Elementary School of Suceava
These records were maintained by the respective school and collected by the Suceava branch of the National Archives at some point in time after World War II and after the restructuring of the school system by the communist regime.
Școala Primară de Băieți Suceava ; număr curent 512 ; fond 698 ; inventar nr. 453
Școala Primară de Băieți Suceava ; număr curent 512 ; fond 698 ; inventar nr. 453; Arhivele Naționale ale României, Direcția Județeana Suceava