This book was begun by the Jewish community of Balinț, according to the title page and stamps from 1886, but it appears that after a relatively short period, within 10 years, it was transferred to the community of Lugoj. Already in 1893 the scribe signing off was based in Lugoj and hereafter most of the entries are for families from Lugoj. The book is primarily in Hungarian (printed and entries) though beginning in the interwar period entries are (sometimes) in Romanian. In the 1920s the Hebrew name of the child begins to be included and by the 1940s the parents' Hebrew names, including "son of" or "daughter of", can often be found. Of interest are the multiple entries for conversions which include the names of the converts, what religion they left, the fulfillment of conversion requirements, and their Hebrew name. These are signed by the rabbi.