This business preparatory school has its origin in 1883, when it was founded as a department of a larger trade school. In 1922 the business program separated from the trade school and took the name Școala Superioară de Comerț. The collection consists primarily of certificates of completion and notices of incompletion of course of study. As an example, see dosar 1/1936--the certificates contain the name of the student, the date, and also have a photograph of the student attached on the verso. A large number of the students of this school were Jewish.
Advanced School for Commerce of Chernivtsi
0.15 linear meters, 8 units
The collection was maintained by the respective creator and presumably "evacuated" from Chernivtsi during the last period of World War II. It was acquired by the National Archives from its storage location (unknown, probably a school depository) in the post-World War II period.
Școala superioară de comerț Cernăuți; număr curent 586; fond 740; inventar 492
Școala superioară de comerț Cernăuți; număr curent 586; fond 740; inventar 492; Arhivele Naționale ale României; Direcția Județeana Suceava